Friday 18th March 2022 (11am-3.30pm) - A 'Supervisory Skills Practice' workshop aimed at introducing/refreshing core supervision skills (UoB placement supervisors only)
Date: Friday 18th March 2022 (11:00 - 15:30, plus 2 hours or pre-work that will be sent around 10 days in advance)
Venue: Held virtually
The intended learning outcomes of this event are to:
- Be able to define supervision and to describe different types of supervision
- Understand the functions of supervision
- Be able to set up supervision, including using contracts in supervision
- Supervisory Relationship
- Understand the importance of the supervisory relationship
- Know what factors facilitate and hinder a supervisory relationship
- Supervisory Techniques/Methods
- Gain knowledge and skills in adult learning models and how these apply to supervision.
- Gain familiarity with the different techniques that might be used in supervision
- Understand when to use the various techniques in relation to a supervisee’s developmental needs
- Feedback in supervision
- Understand the importance of giving feedback in supervision
- Think about the most effective means of communicating feedback
This workshop is designed to complement the New Supervisor Induction/Refresher workshops that run twice annually, and is only open to those who offer placement supervision for the DClin programme at the University of Bath.
Due to changes in RAPPS criteria, we are not able to confirm that training will be RAPPS accredited, although we will endeavour to ensure that it is if at all possible.